Sunday 21 December 2014

Chocolate and Orange Cookies

So as its Christmas and I'm currently obsessed with baking again I'm going to share my recipe for chocolate and orange cookie.

All the ingredients are weighed in ounces as its a basic recipe I got from a cooking program a few years ago:

4oz caster sugar
8oz butter (I used Stork)
10oz plain flour

I then added
1 bag chocolate chips
Zest of one orange
Splash of the juice from one orange

1. Beat the butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.

2. Add in the zest, chocolate chips and splash of the juice.

3. Add in the flower spoon by spoon, you made need to add a few extra spoons of flour depending on how much juice you add. 

4. Wrap dough in cling film and chill in fridge for at least an hour. (I actually left batch in fridge 24 hours and it was brilliant)

5. Flour work surface and roll half the dough into a long sausage

6. Cut chunks of dough about a centimetre wide, roll into a ball and slightly flatten.

7. Put in oven on gas mark 4 or 170/160 fan for 10-12 minutes 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment